Key Features of the Polycon System
The Polycon wireless communication system is designed to provide highly robust and reliable long range wireless communication between internal and external crew in harsh operating environments on helicopters and other mobile operational platforms. The Polycon System is comprised of one Interface Unit, and multiple mobile Transceivers, providing for:
- Easily available PTT function
- Pre programmed NIVOX / PTT function automatically activated when radio is turned on. (When headset is connected)
- NIVOX function overridden when front PTT key is first operated.
- Protected channel select buttons. (Will not change with accidental contact)
- “Low profile” antenna
- Built-in loudspeaker and microphone for hand held radio operation (Walkie-talkie).
- Intercom from integral microphone to helmet earphones.
- Side mounted PTT key for hand held radio operation (Walkie-talkie)
- Automatic override of internal loudspeaker and microphone when connected to helmet/headset.
- Side-Tone function. (Headset microphone is heard in earphones)
- Built-in amplification for headset microphone.
- Rugged and Salt water resistant aluminum enclosure.
- Waterproof to 1 meter
- Pressure equalizing actuator
- Dual Band (UHF/VHF) radio module
- Low profile dual band antenna
The special design provides the following features:
- Standard frequency UHF 409 - 419 (custom frequencies in the range 409 - 470 on request)
- Dual band UHF/VHF option
- Channel spacing 25 KHz
- 16 channels
- Environmental IP67 Waterproof
- VOX/PTT operation - handsfree PTT
- Operating temperature - 25ºC to 55ºC
- Channel scanning
- Can be operated as hand held radio
- Low profile “dual band” antenna
Manuals and specifications