ACU6100 Audio Control Unit - Fixed-Wing
The horizontal Fixed-Wing Audio Control Unit (ACU) 6100 is an integral part of the Digital Voice Communication System (DVCS) 6100. The ACU controls the Remote Electronics Unit (REU) 6100 and allows the user to monitor or transmit on the desired radio sources. A maximum of six (6) ACU’s can be connected to one REU.
The Fixed-Wing ACU is specifically designed for installation in the cockpit of fixed-wing aircraft. Installation is accomplished through four (4) DZUS-style fasteners according to ARINC 601 standards. The ACU6100 is backlit and offers individual dimmer control for general panel lighting and annunciators. The panel is available in white, soft white or NVIS green compatible illumination.
The ACU communicates with the REU via a dual redundant serial CAN-Bus interface. State of the art Can-Bus technology allows the ACU to transmit the status of the selected switches and rotary controls to the REU.
The EMER position (toggle switch) switch feature is not routed through the interface, but is hard-wired in order to allow Emergency operation, even if the unit fails.
The radiolabels on the ACU can be customer specified and are easily field replaceable. The ACU6100 offers the following controls on the front panel:
• 1 Rotary switch, 10 positions, to preselect the active transceiver as well as Public Address or Intercom mode. Also to select dual or Simulcast mode if configured.
• 8 Monitoring push button switches, combined with potentiometers, and furnished with a LED indicator for the transceivers.
• 8 Monitoring push button switches, combined with potentiometers for receivers only.
• 1 Toggle switch with locking lever labeled MIC/MASK to switch between normal MIC and MASK Mic operation.
• 1 SPKR button with LED to switch the cockpit speaker on and off (green LED: speaker on) if speaker function is provided.
• 1 VOICE button with LED to switch the ident filter on and off (green LED: filter on, ident frequency 1020 Hz suppressed).
¥ 1 MKR Mute button with LED to switch the marker receiver mute on and off (green LED: marker receiver muted)
• 1 button labeled ISOL/CALL with LED’s to control the intercom functions between cockpit and cabin area respectively.
• 1 TEST button combination to activate the Initiated-Built-In-Test (IBIT) feature.
• 1 Toggle switch with locking lever labeled NORM/EMER to switch between Normal Operation and Emergency mode if necessary.
Manuals and specifications
Back to Components Overview